Monday, June 30, 2008

I fear it's only the beginning.

Shopping at Jewel has got to be the most fun thing ever these days. The glass case (sandwiched in between dental care and contraceptives) that brought us such awesome keepsakes as the Love Beyond Words frame is stuffed to the gills with more, well, keepsakey frames! For example. It's hard to see from this picture (and P.J. won't let me take it home for a better photo) so I'll narrate. We have a couple of crazy kids clutching chardonnays (chardonnaies?), staring off into a vineyard. It looks like a vineyard. It could just as easily be a cornfield, I guess. But what separates this from any other dime store tacky frame are the words scattered willy nilly (haphazard seems too harsh- I'm sure they had a design scheme, even if I don't fully understand it): honeymoon, my true love, I love you, etc. And the prominent words, thusly leading me to believe that this is the intended title? Special The Beginning. That's not even a sentence. Yet I love it. I wonder if it could be featured on Engrish.com.

A little extra photo fun for you as well- if you look behind Special The Beginning, what do you see? Why, it's part of Love Beyond Words! (Why has no one snapped this frame up?) Also, a pair of concerned eyes feature prominently in the pic. They are mine and the concern is real. For behind Special The Beginning is a frame I like to call Dreams Come True. (That's what it says on the frame.) The photograph is a close-up of a baby boy, his face smooshed into a pillow. I don't even know where to begin with that one, nor do I wish to contemplate what kind of dreams (plural!) have just come true.

I would have taken a picture of that one too, but someone felt the need to continue with our grocery trip. In the name of art I'll return soon for more documentation. You're welcome, Kate.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The eyes are so creepy. I love it!

And, next time I'm in Chicago, I'll buy you all of these frames. But when Peej asks, I'll deny it.

Deb said...

Lovely eyes Keel. how did you(PJ) ?? do that. Artsy special.. x