Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not the end of the Road[house.] (Yes, I owe abcNEWS a nickel.)


Do you know who's great? (Do you think this is a poor way to start a blog? Discuss.) Patrick Swayze. The man has pancreatic cancer yet continues to work on a new cop drama in which he plays a "gritty FBI agent." Patrick! I realize I am late to the party in acknowledging your illness, but I had no idea you were still filming cop dramas! I love cop dramas! And I love you! Nobody puts Patrick Swayze's career in the corner. Here's something else I learned today. Patrick Swayze has a fan site where you can become a "Swayze Buddy." Sure, you think I'm kidding around, but I guarantee at least three new memberships today (my sisters)...maybe four! (Hi Mom.)

So there you have it. As for me, I have no such illness (or cop drama) to speak of, but I DO have a brand spankin' new freelance writing gig (jinx jinx jinx), a couple of plays under my belt (skirt? waistband?), and a new husband (upgraded from a leased boyfriend) who majored in awesome and minored in doing the dishes. I won't go into too much marriage detail because, as the five-year old whom I nanny for put it, "That seems like the kind of thing you should keep to yourself." The fact that I AM married, I asked her? "That's just what I think," she said.

On that note, I nanny for five faboo children (belonging to three rad families) and split my week between them. I
could, I imagine, make it one massive day with all of them. I could charge a hundred bucks an hour! No one would pay it, but I could charge it!

I live in Chicago, in the terribly cool Roscoe Village neighborhood. (Come on, Wrigleyville, it's not THAT far away. Twelve blocks west.) Have you ever been to Victory's Banner restaurant? I think you'd like it. No meat, though, just a warning. You won't miss it. And I love meat. PETA's gonna dig this blog.

And that's enough blahblahging (ooh, domain name change?) about myself. Did you see the "Arrested Development" where Chachi (yes, that's his real name) is Bob Loblaw and works as a lawyer? In his spare time he writes BobLoblawsLawBlog. (You know, the ol' lawblog?) I WISH I could make this stuff up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's like the wind through my tree,
She rides the night next to me
She leads me through moonlight
Only to burn me with the sun
She's taken my heart
But she doesn't know what she's done

Feel her breath on my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
She's out of my league
Just a fool to believe
I have anything she needs
She's like the wind

I look in the mirror and all I see
Is a young old man with only a dream
Am I just fooling myself
That she'll stop the pain
Living without her
I'd go insane