Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Just Let The Man Read.


I simply love this picture of my Dad and one of my sisters. It embodies oh-so much about my father and everything we adore about him:

His devotion to his family.

His sense of humor regarding his ever-present kids.

And his tolerance- because Good Lord, it's like his one day off a month and this is literally the first time he's even seen a newspaper all week. But no, totally. Go ahead, Rachel, crumple that paper and he'll pretend he's already scanned the sports section.

It'll be good practice for when he re-enacts this very scene twenty years later.


So Dad, as you start your third round of chemo today, stay strong, take care of yourself...

...Maybe even read a newspaper. 

Until a smallish blond person rips it out of your ever-patient hands. 

18 comments:

Alison said...

AWWWW.
Love the pictures.
Stay strong, Mr. Flynn!

tunamelt said...

I believe you are exaggerating on the DAY off...I never knew Dave to ever take a day off...Sending good thoughts, sunshine, prayers, all the way up the intercoastal to MA!!!! Hugs and kisses

coolchange58 said...

Its people like you miss tunamelt and all the other wonderful people who send their love and positive thoughts our way that really lift us up. Thank you for being there. Thanks Keel, this is very heart warming! Here's to many more years of crumpled newspapers.

Sharon Copley said...

I never met the infamous Dave and Debbie until a couple years agao when my nephew was married in Mexico. However, my (much older, haha) brother always spoke so fondly of the friends he had up north. I love reading posts and keeping up. Prayers being sent up from Maryland. :)

Keely said...

I can see his exact expression to all of these blogs and pix: patient, but with a look of WHY are you posting so many blogs and pix of me?!

Keely said...

Totally true. Unicorns, leprechauns, Dave's day off... Mythical beings, all.

Keely said...

Hear, hear. Crumpled newspapers all around!

Keely said...

This is awesome. And yes, my parents are wonderful. And so are their friends. And clearly their friends' families, too!

anniecm said...

1. OH MY LORD, love these pictures.
2. Go, Mr. Flynn, go! You got this.

Denise said...

Great photos! Good luck Mr Flynn!

Unknown said...

Aww. Beautiful Pictures. I pray your fathers strength.

Blessings~
Alethea

Keely said...

Annie, you're the sweetest. Also, correct. :)

Keely said...

Thanks! We're all so lucky to have such great people (in such great numbers) behind him.

Keely said...

Thank you so much, Alethea, it means a ton. :)

Amy @ Counting My Kisses said...

Awesome pics!

Sending love & hugs to your dad & whole family! Keep staying strong!

Kelly said...

Keely,

I had no idea your dad was sick. I am thinking of you and your family, and keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Big hugs,

Kelly

Keely said...

Kel, thanks. He's got a great team behind him- both medical and moral support-wise. :)

Keely said...

Thank you, Amy!! You've been a rockstar supporter throughout this whole thing and I super appreciate it.