Monday, February 4, 2013

Winter Games. (For An Hour.)

On Saturday, we took the girls sledding. In case you're curious, here's what sledding in Chicago looks like. Careful, it's pretty extreme.

First, you bundle your offspring within an inch of
their lives. It's cool, they love this part.

There are zero chair lifts. But that's fine, it's good
for them to learn how to walk at a 10 degree angle uphill.


There will be snowflake eating. (A few sticks, too.)

"Lemme tell you about Chicago weather, Zuzu..."


Braving the elements. 
And if you're wondering what the actual "sledding" looks like? Behold. Pretty sure this is why people used to think that the world was flat.


10 comments:

coolchange58 said...

awesome! once again, that is why he is a great dad!

love your laugh, it made me smile as well. Knowing how fast it could be makes me smile, knowing what that will mean to NJ, warms my heart.

Amy BR said...

Amazing.

Keely said...

Oh, she was pretty sure she was hurtling off the side of a cliff. ;)

Keely said...

Sledding in scenic, completely flat Chicago... Yes. Something about the attempt of such is pretty amazing.

Shawna said...

That's fantastic. And very cold looking. I'm cold just looking at that. Sometimes I think that it would be fun to play in the snow, but most of the time I'm happy that it's January and I'm wearing short sleeves. :) Your babes are adorable all bundled up.

Ivy Ellen said...

I love this, and love PJ's attempt at pushing her down a (flat) hill. The pic of the two of them hugging is so sweet. When the girls are a bit older (like fearless teenagers), there is a ridiculous sledding hill out in our neck of the woods that's an old toboggan run. It is insane.

Alison said...

OK, pretty sure I just froze my **** off watching that video. :)

How cute are they bundled up!

Keely said...

Thanks, Shawna! And yeah, it was amazing fun for about fifteen minutes. Then it got downright painful.

Keely said...

I know, right? That guy and those girls. And I TOTALLY accept. I know just the guy to go careening downhill with them. ;)

Keely said...

It was ridic cold. But Lordy, so cute.