Saturday, March 2, 2013

Wrapping Up The LISTERINE 21 Day Challenge!

Well team, we did it. As we near the close of the LISTERINE 21 Day Challenge, I just want to congratulate...me...on my ability to finally step it up and take care of my mouth like a functional adult.

I went from flossing once every seventeen months to every single night. People, I felt like I deserved a medal. And apparently, if you have the kinda gums that bleed when you floss (once every seventeen months), you should endeavor to do it slightly more frequently.

If your hat isn't fancy enough, you are
not brushing your teeth correctly.

So I started the Challenge and immediately swished with LISTERINE twice a day. Flossed the heck outta my teeth each night. And sang appropriately lengthy songs to ensure we brushed our teeth for the recommended two minutes- even with Nora and Susannah. And since I recently learned that it takes a full three weeks to develop a new [good] habit (hence, you know, the 21 Day Challenge), here are my newest addictions:

-Flossing, surprisingly, has become one of things which I have to do before falling asleep- otherwise I feel like a horridly gross human being. Kinda like falling asleep while still wearing makeup which, uh, I did maybe once. In my early twenties. Completely sober.

-P.J. and I slammed through a questionable amount of the Ultraclean Fresh Citrus LISTERINE- but perhaps the only questionable thing is why we haven't been using this much all along. (Basic toothly hygiene here, people.)

-And I'm wicked liking how superbly clean my teeth feel all day long. Seriously. I would even say it aloud to myself. Talking to yourself about mouthfeel? That's some strong "clean teeth" action.

Did you play along on Facebook with the LISTERINE 21 Day Challenge My Pet Mouth? (I did- because, as you may recall- for every 21 Day Challenge signup, LISTERINE will help kids in need of dental care through Oral Health America. Which is awesome.)

Kinda like my sparkly teeth and non-bleeding gums.

Functional adult here, people.

Disclosure: I received products from Johnson and Johnson Healthcare Products Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc. and The Motherhood as part of my participation in the LISTERINE® 21 Day Challenge. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Yeah...I should probably sign myself up for that. I am a horrid flosser. And swisher. And I definitely do not brush for two minutes at a time.

Which all sounds really gross, now that I've written that out for the world to see.

Keely said...

But don't you feel FREER for the sharing? (That's what I tell myself after I admit to the Internet that I have bleeding gums.)