Friday, August 9, 2013

Green Giant's Veggie Snack Chips Are My Go To. If My Fam Leaves Me Some.

I love snacks. I love snacks. I think Snacks should be their own mealtime: Breakfast, Snacks, Brunch, Snacks, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner, Snacks...(and then a tapas-style Snacks before bed.)

People who stop snacking after 8pm: I do not understand you.

Folks who don't experience 2pm/4pm/11pm hunger pangs: I do not understand you.

But I am understood (and heard loud n' clear) by Green Giant, especially with their new superstellar line of Veggie Snack Chips. They know that I want something delicious and different and yeah- even something made with real vegetables from time to time.

This past weekend I was lucky enough to try the new Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chip (Garden Ranch) and the Multigrain Sweet Potato Chip (Barbecue)- and the friends with whom I grilled out were all-too happy to weigh in on their favorite. We started with the Garden Ranch chips (like our snacking was a wine flight or something), and they went over well, especially with my little girls. I could easily see these becoming a Mom's Purse staple (what, you don't do that, too?), and I think they'd be pretty spectacular with hummus. However, the loud n' clear winner was the next course, the Barbecue-flavored sweet potato chips. As in, my pals liked them so much that I was barely able to try one. (Vultures, all.) But from full mouths, a few chip crumbs, and a practically decimated bag, I pieced together that they would've liked to have had some more. (For testing purposes, obviously.)

Nora was, unsurprisingly enough, quite willing to be a Snack Tester for both varieties...but I didn't trust her with the whole bag. (I know her kind. I am her kind.) Her glowing, verbose review?

"Yums."

I call this one Little Kid, Gigantic Bowl, No Chips For Mom.

These refreshing snackaroos from Green Giant are light, flavorful, and make a wicked nice addition to a weekend bbq.

If they last that long.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments: