Wednesday, August 21, 2013

5 Things I Managed Yesterday.

Yesterday was one of those rather hard days. Nothing was particularly devastating, but I'd be hard-pressed to name the things I felt I did well. However, I'll try:

5. I made the bed. We're not talking hospital corners and starched sheets, here, but I definitely pulled the sheets up and fluffed the pillows and removed smallish board books from underneath the covers.

4. The children were fed throughout the day. Veggie and fruit options were in abundance. They were even eaten. On paper plates. Half-naked. In the backyard. (This was the third paper plate meal of the week. Reminder: It was Tuesday.)

Exhibits 1-4 of my incompetence:
Paper plate, hose bath, semi-naked toddler, and sloppy photograph.

3. I didn't publicly cry. Privately either. Kept it in. Kept it all in. (3a. I did not fall asleep, either in public or in the vicinity of my very much so awake children.)

2. Even though no one currently residing in my household took what could even be loosely construed as "a bath," my kids were definitely hosed off. With a hose. (To be fair, they thought it was awesome.)

1. As I fell asleep, I agreed to do it all again tomorrow.

But better.

No comments: